Have you set goals in the past and they have never worked, have you given up on what you really want to achieve. Have you struggled to get yourself moving? Have you set New Year’s resolutions only to find one week later you have given up?
What is the reason for all of this? Do you really know how to set goals for yourself that will inspire you to jump out of bed in the morning?
Here are our top goals setting tips that have been proven to produce results and be the most effective time and time again:
Write down what you really want if you knew you could not fail. For example – To be a millionaire, to work from home, to run your own business, to sky dive or bungy jump.
Then look at that list of things you want to achieve and pick 3 things that stand out to you as the most important
For each of those 3 goals take the time to work out why you want them, and what it will mean to you when you have achieved them
Write a paragraph down about how you have already achieved them
Then ask yourself the following:
- When am I going to start?
- What is the very first action step that I can take to move myself closer to my goal
- Ask yourself each day, is this action taking me closer or further away from my goal?
- Then ask yourself what is the very next step I can take
- Make a list of agreements with yourself that you will uphold each day in regards to this goal
- Put your action plan together and sign it off
- Stay true to your word
- Write up your goal, and action plan and put it up somewhere where you can read it a few times a day
- Start visualising yourself as already achieved this goal
- Be in complete gratitude for where you are and where you are going
- And finally ask yourself everyday: How would the person I want to be, do what I am about to do?
Enjoy and celebrate in your achievements. “Every great achievement is preceded by a period of fanatical dedication”.